The Accountant is responsible for all general accounting processes covering Accounts Payable and Receivable, incoming & outgoing payments, and preparation of financial statements. The role involves managing all accounting such as: Budget and Tax reporting, Investment Advisory, Financial planning, Asset Valuation, etc.
In this role, you will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledgers and preparing of management account.
• Carry out financial analysis on various business initiatives (e.g., expansion, asset acquisition).
• Oversee the company accounts and maintain necessary reporting to the Departments.
• Develop Annual Budgets and review regularly with the Head of Business.
• Coordinate Annual Audit processes in compliance with regulations.
• Oversee Cash flow management and regular review of internal reports.
• Develop the company's financial books and interpret, to management and recommend improvement areas.
• Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
• Record and prepare financial statements for site level analysis and provide support to all accounting schedule and maintain same.
• Check Petty Cash disbursement and ensure necessary approvals and authorizations are obtained before cash are disbursed.
• Supervise accounting information and aid internal and external customers.
• Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems (ERP).
• Spearhead Process Compliance and Review for the Business.
• Assist with activities related to property funds.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
• 5 – 8 years’ proven work experience in a related position.
• Professional Certifications (ICAN/CFA/CPA) is mandatory.
• Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes.
• Proficiency in Usage of accounting software (ERP).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
• Good Audit experience, Great at liaising with External Auditors.
• Strong ability to engage external regulators and regulatory bodies on tax issues and remittance obligations.
• In-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
• Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
• Highly organized.
• An in-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
• Compliance and Internal Control oriented.
• Strong ethical values.
• A strong focus on excellence.
• Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Respectful to clients / colleagues.
• Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Competitive and commensurate with experience