The Real Estate Lawyer is responsible for providing legal advisory, structuring, and due diligence support for all real estate transactions. The Role involves conducting legal research and due diligence drafting legal documents and keeping up-to-date legal records, maintaining strong relationships with regulatory agencies, and keeping up to date with laws and developments that affect the Real Estate Business.
• Draft Legal documents relating to and maintain up-to-date records for all Real Estate Transactions.
• Coordinate Real Estate Transaction due diligence exercises.
• Conduct legal research and gather related legal information.
• Proofread, and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies, and other legal documents to ensure the Company’s interest is always protected in all transactions.
• Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers, lands bureau personnel, regulatory bodies and such other persons as required.
• Coordinate all property perfection and approval processes.
• Coordinate the execution of legal documentation by third parties.
• Represent the company as required in negotiations for all real estate transactions.
• Maintain up-to-date information on developments that pertain to the Company’s real estate interest.
• Record Keeping and KYC Documentation.
• Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
• Coordinate the due diligence and searches on properties to be acquired by the company.
• Manage the legal aspect of property acquisition from identification to perfection.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB), Barrister at Law (Nigerian Law School).
• 3 – 6 years’ proven work experience in a related position.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Knowledge of, and familiarity with regulators and regulatory.
• Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
• Commercial Awareness, sound understanding of the business environment.
• Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Acts as a catalyst to good effect by sharing information derived from a holistic view of the business and ensures those who need to know are fully briefed.
• Strong ethical values.
• A strong focus on excellence.
• Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Respectful to clients / colleagues.
• Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.