Banking/Finance/Insurance, Real Estate/Property Management
The Real Estate Accountant is responsible for all general accounting processes covering Accounts Payable and Receivable, incoming & outgoing payments, and preparation of financial statements. The role involves managing property-related accounting such as Budget and Tax reporting, Investment Advisory, Financial Planning, Asset Valuation, etc.
- Carry out financial analysis on Real Estate business initiatives (e.g., expansion, asset acquisition).
- Oversee the Real Estate company accounts and maintain necessary reporting to the banks.
- Develop Annual Budgets and review regularly with the Head of Business.
- Coordinate Annual Audit processes in compliance with regulations.
- Oversee Cash flow management and regular review of internal reports.
- Develop the company's financial books and interpret, to management and recommend improvement areas.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and analyze rent schedules.
- Record and prepare financial statements for site-level analysis and provide support to all accounting schedules and maintain same.
- Supervise accounting information and provide assistance to internal and external customers.
- Prepare and reconcile bank data and property-associated reports.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems (ERP).
- Spearhead Process Compliance and Review for the Real Estate Business.
- Assist with activities related to property funds.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- 5 – 8 years’ proven work experience in a related position.
- Professional Certifications (ICAN/CFA) is an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Strong ability to engage external regulators and regulatory bodies on tax issues and remittance obligations.
- An in-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standards.
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Good Audit experience, Great at liaising with External Auditors.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Usage of accounting software (ERP).
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Compliance and Internal Control oriented.
- Strong ethical values.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Sankore Global Investments
Founded in 2010, Sankore Investments is a wealth management firm that provides advisory, brokerage, fund management and other investment services to a range of clients including individuals and corporations. Our mission is to help our clients build, manage and preserve their wealth and we do this primarily by providing a bouquet of investment services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
We are duly licensed by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and hold the following SEC registrations across our business units: Investment Adviser, Portfolio Manager, Fund Manager, Broker/Dealer, Registrar, Issuing House and Trustee.
We believe in Financial Inclusion and this is expressed in the technology products developed by one of our subsidiaries – Wealth Tech Limited.
33B Cameron Road, Ikoyi, Lago