The Facility Manager role is an integral part of the Operations Team. The role is responsible for ensuring the facilities within the company’s portfolio are fully functional at the required standard, while instituting and monitoring systems and processes to proactively address problems that may arise. He/She will maintain and manage the company’s buildings and assets, ensuring that they meet legal requirements and health and safety standard.
This role requires the knowledge of general maintenance methods (routine, preventive and corrective maintenance), operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management while deploying a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
In addition to the above the Facility Manager will also be required to function as a Property Manager for a specific property(s), responsible for the day to day management of the assigned property in line with applicable brand standards and operating procedures.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Develop and implement facility management plans, processes and protocols at the company's properties.
- Ensure all properties are fully functional and running optimally.
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, electricity, and drainage are well-maintained.
- Review & manage utilities consumption in a bid to minimize costs.
- Maintain communication with contractors, vendors, clients, and internal teams.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations and oversee such refurbishments when required in a timely manner.
- Plan & coordinate all installations including telecommunications, air conditioning, electricity, etc.
- Supervision of multi-disciplinary team of staff including cleaning, maintenance, support staffs and security.
- Supervise and coordinate the forecasting of upcoming facility needs and requirements.
- Maintain accurate data and records of all Facility stocks and maintenance registers.
- Liaise with governmental agencies from time to time on levies and other requirements.
- Build and maintain a network of artisans and vendors to assist in the day-to-day operations of the facilities.
- Manage and maintain the room/apartment inventory at assigned property.
- Be responsible for customer engagement at the assigned property including on-site marketing initiatives like client tours and inspections.
- Be responsible for on-boarding of customers/residents at assigned property.
- Serve as interface between customers/residents and the company at assigned property.
- Be responsible for site specific services and programs curated to improve the residents experience at assigned property.
- Resolve tenant complaints or issues related to the assigned property in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all residents of the assigned property at any given time.
- Maintain a database of prospective residents of the assigned property.
- Prepare periodic property reports and make recommendations regarding operations.
- BSc in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field.
- EHS Certification is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years proven experience working in a related position.
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Keeps to timed deadlines.
- Conforms to appropriate behavioral expectations.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.