The CEO for New Technology is a critical member of the Innovation team responsible for incubating and growing one of the Firm's newly developed products which is ready to launch. Prior knowledge or experience of the Nigerian investment marketplace will be essential. This represents an exciting opportunity to launch, market and manage new products.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the CEO will develop the strategy to grow this product successfully in the market. Critical to securing fundraising will be the ability to demonstrate effective processes, to grow the company to profitability and generate ongoing revenue streams. In this role, the CEO will be able to overcome market inertia to new products and drive forward uptake to rapidly increase the customer base. Embracing a team-oriented culture to ensure a well-trained and capable team are in place. As an innovative individual who thrives in a fast-paced and modern environment, a start-up experience of launching new products in Emerging or Frontier markets coupled with the understanding of world class products and investment performance will enable the ability to drive scalable growth
The ideal candidate should be a results-driven, self-motivated entrepreneurial business leader keen to use critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to build and drive a successful Fintech/wealth tech/Edutech based business. The key attributes to succeed in this role will be professional approach, vision and passion to run and grow the business both strategically and commercially as a hands-on, collaborative Leader with a strong legacy focused work ethic.
This role offers a unique opportunity to manage with a too down, goal-driven focus, challenging and motivating team members and formulating plans to deliver future company goals. The ideal candidate will embrace this challenge and have the energy, tenacity and vision to drive expansion and growth.
- A professional, who is a keen agile management methodology practitioner.
- Possess a deep understanding of the evolving Fintech world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology) and the supply side (emerging technologies).
- Prior experience of leading and running a successful consumer facing Fintech/Wealth Tech/Edu Tech business.
- Excellent operational, strategic, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent customer focussed business development skills.
- Strong understanding of the changing nature of Digital Financial, Wealth and Invest Tech services.
- Ability to effectively motivate and drive people, processes, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating Environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital product, concepts and New technologies to business leaders, as well as business concerts to technologists.
- University Degree in Information Technology or Business-related field. A Master's Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience running a products-based Fintech/Wealth Tech/EduTech Business (preferably in the Financial Services Industry).
- Entrepreneurial track record of growing a company from Start-Up stage to an established Business.
- Operating knowledge of the trends of Software and Product Development and Information Technology (obsolescence and relevance) relating to Wealth Tech, Fin Tech, Invest Tech, Banking & Financial Services on a regional and global level.
- Understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements of IT Governance and Company operations of Nigeria, West Africa and globally.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people and relationship management skills, leadership and team motivation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt and operate in a matrix management and reporting environment.
- Strong and charismatic individual with solid pedigree and experience managing and building high performing teams.
- Must possess strong entrepreneurial traits including passion, resilience, flexibility, and vision.
- Strong organizational and operational skills; able to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting objectives in a professional and seamless manner.
- Must possess deep and practical strategic thinking abilities and robust business acumen.
- Very good networking skills and ability to bridge divides to meet the company's needs at any point.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage relationships effectively.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decision based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Self-assured and internally motivated individual driven to succeed and make a difference.
- Must possess high levels of resilience, commitment, determination and assertiveness.
Sankore Global Investments
Founded in 2010, Sankore Investments is a wealth management firm that provides advisory, brokerage, fund management and other investment services to a range of clients including individuals and corporations. Our mission is to help our clients build, manage and preserve their wealth and we do this primarily by providing a bouquet of investment services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
We are duly licensed by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and hold the following SEC registrations across our business units: Investment Adviser, Portfolio Manager, Fund Manager, Broker/Dealer, Registrar, Issuing House and Trustee.
We believe in Financial Inclusion and this is expressed in the technology products developed by one of our subsidiaries – Wealth Tech Limited.
33B Cameron Road, Ikoyi, Lago